wonderful wednesday

September 4, 2013

(Firstly, thanks for all of the love and support. Yesterday sucked, but I feel enormously blessed to have so many people that care about me)

(Yes, I did title this post Wonderful Wednesday)

I felt a bit like a Debbie Downer for my post yesterday - but I'm just trying to be real. Not every day goes right, I'm not always perfectly happy, and I'm not always depressed and negative. I hope I'm not the only one like this..? I am just trying to paint a real picture of my life.  Yes, yesterday sucked. But the great thing about life is that we get to CHOOSE how we let things affect us. Today I am choosing to be happy - to look for the good things in my life (because they majorly outweigh all the bad.) 

(I mean who wouldn't have a great day after having chocolate waffles for breakfast :))

So, that was my little happiness rant for the morning. Onto other items of business. We finished our basement (as mentioned in previous posts.) We had been plugging away at it for months and months and had essentially nothing to show for it. Then, 2 weeks ago we heard that the LDS missionaries were looking for another place in Taber. We thought it would be a long shot, but we called anyways. (in our minds we were thinking they needed a place in a month or two) Wrong. They were interested in renting our basement in 7 days. We freaked out a bit, but decided we needed to make it happen. At that point the basement walls had been drywalled and needed one more coat of mud, then sanding. We worked day and night - sanding, painting, installing floors, trim, building a closet, finishing a bathroom, plumbing, tiling, installing a kitchen, and more painting. It was sooooo much work. Looking back at it, its pretty incredible what we were able to get done (with Sterling working everyday until 5 pm). We had a lot of help from family and friends which was the only way we were able to get it finished. But magically it all came together and it was finished on time. We really couldn't have asked for a better set up or better renters. We feel very blessed. 

PICTURE TIME!! 
(this was mid-missionary move in. Its pretty basic, I would obviously decorate it 
much cuter if it were my living space, so use your imagination..)







^there will be a frosted glass panel in place of the shower curtain^


It isn't incredible or anything, but its DONE! 
Its such a relief, and I'm so proud of my Sterling. He is such a hard worker and it always amazes me how determined he is. 

(is anybody else missing the Auschwitz effect?? I was so tempted to keep it that nice fluorescent teal..)

1 comments:

  1. Um hello.... It's incredible from your before pictures! What a blessing to get the missionaries, they'll be awesome tenants!

    ReplyDelete

the julie journals All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger