Deep Thoughts - by Jack Handy... err, I mean, Julie

August 21, 2013

I read this last week and something about it really struck a chord with me. I feel like sure, I have parts of my life that werent glamourous and I did some really stupid things. I havent always been proud of how I lived or acted, and looking in hindsight there are probably a lot of things I would choose to do differently knowing what I know now. But the thing is - I didn't know those things then, and I think thats part of the reason that I DO know those things now. (Am I the only person that cringes thinking back to certain parts of my life?) Moral of the story - I used to be that person, I used to make those stupid choices - but I was still me. And every decision I made then has shaped me (slowly, and painfully) into the person that I am now, and will shape me eventually into the person I am trying to be. So I think there should be some sort of nod of appreciation or thanks given to that oh so silly girl who didn't know what the heck she was doing.. lets be honest - I still don't really know what the heck I'm doing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

the julie journals All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger