the paradox of the new shoes

July 24, 2013

In an attempt at living my life more the way I want to I ordered myself a nice new pair of running shoes... you know, to motivate me to be the best runner that there ever was - so I can magically run 10 miles without stopping and not even breathe hard. New shoes are magical like that, right? So it took me days of searching online to find THE perfect shoes (they have to be cute and the right color, you know?) After I had found the perfect shoes that would make me look so cute being a "runner" I ordered them and waited like a kid waiting for Christmas. They came and they WERE magical. So cute, fit just right, just perfection. So I wore them around the house for the morning, naturally. But in the days that I have had them do you think I have put them on since, or worn them for their intended purpose? (NO) I mean, they are new and perfect and clean.. I wouldn't want to dirty them up.. {heaven forbid} or make them less cute right? So, I guess the point I am trying to make is this - I need to get off my lazy butt and make things happen in my life. If I want to be this different improved person, well then, I need to just DO those things. I'm not going to get anywhere just looking at my cute new shoes. I'm not going to be that person that runs 10 miles effortlessly if I'm too scared to put those shoes on and get them a little dirty. So here's to getting a little dirtier.


^but I mean, really - look how cute they are!^

soo.. who wants to be my running buddy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

the julie journals All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger